On the Thailand Elite Residence Program
The Thailand Elite residence program is designed as a hassle-free visa solution allowing for a long-term stay in Thailand, with at least five years’ validity. It was established by a state-owned company under the supervision of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Targeted towards high-income individuals who frequent or wish to reside in Thailand for longer periods than otherwise permitted, the visa type offers several perks (depending on the Thailand Elite membership type applied for) over alternative visas, prioritising convenience and luxury.
The benefits of the Thailand Elite residence program include:
– A multiple entry visa with a length of stay of up to 1 year per trip
– Immigration fast-track and lounge services at airports in Thailand
– Limousine services and airport transfers
– Complimentary golf, spa and additional services
– A 24/7 concierge that offers assistance with government services such as 90 days reporting, the application for a driver’s license, etc. as well as booking the aforementioned complimentary services.
– Premium annual health checkups
– Bank account opening in Thailand
– Special discounts when spending with Thailand Elite partners, including department stores, restaurants and golf courses.
Note that, with a Thailand Elite visa, you would not traditionally qualify for a work permit. However, Thailand Elite recently introduced the Flexible Plus program which allows you to obtain a work permit through the program. Once approved, your visa type will eventually be converted into a Non-Immigrant B business visa but the Thailand Elite membership privileges will remain.
In order to qualify for the Flexible Plus program, you will need to submit proof of investment or funds transaction of at least 1 million USD into Thailand for specific investment types within a year of requesting to join the program/being approved for Thailand Elite. The three eligible activities include real estate, investing in a limited company or public limited company, and the stock exchange.
There are individual and family membership options to the Thailand Elite residence program with a validity of between five (renewable) and 20 years, allowing you some flexibility when choosing which option is most suitable for you. Membership fees start at 600,000 THB including VAT; and most nationalities are eligible to apply.
If you wish to consult about which visa option(s) may be right for you – whether it’s a Thailand Elite visa, an LTR visa, or another visa type – feel free to get in touch with our Thai immigration lawyers and we would be pleased to assist you.