The Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT)
Taking time off of routine and reality is a much-needed luxury. Many people get into a mini getaway from the hustle and hassles of life by choosing to indulge in various activities, such as sports. There are sports lovers and the average everyday person, but this article is dedicated to fitness freaks, football fans, and adrenaline junkies. How cool would it be if you turned your passion into a profession?
This industry is vast with many possible establishments from producing to supplying sporting supplies and gears, jerseys and shoes to providing services such as sports academies, avenues, sports clubs, and sports media outlets. Similar to other businesses, the permit and requirement to operate the company vary on the process and outcome of the business type or what is known as “Business Objectives” according to the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce.
The Sports Authority of Thailand, often abbreviated to SAT, is responsible for the following:
- Promoting sports and advertising games
- Being a centre for sports-related activities
- Studying and creating projects and records to promote sports
- Organising, assisting, advising and cooperating in sporting activities
- Inspecting, building and renovating areas for sports events
- Contacting and coordinating with sports organisations or associations within and outside the Kingdom
- Monitoring and supervising operation of sports activities
- Initiating, developing, promoting and supporting sports for people with disabilities
- Operate other activities for benefit of sports
The business operating under the SAT shall be in accordance with the Act of the Sports Authority of Thailand.
The other aspects of this field of business may deal with different departments accordingly.
- To import branded sports wearables, a business must acquire an importing licence with the Customs Department.
- To produce sports drinks, a business may be required to acquire a licence from Food and Drugs Administration (FDA)
- To operate academy or training programs for children on school campuses, a business must ensure safety and take all precautionary measures as required by the school, which may or may not require dealing or additional acquiring permits from the Ministry of Education, considering the school already complies.
- To produce clothing or sports equipment, a business may be required to acquire a production licence from the Ministry of Health, depending on the production process and materials involved.
- Businesses involved with Adventure Tourism may be required to deal with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Thai Ecotourism and Adventure Travel Association
- To operate various types of Water sports and activities, a business may be required to deal with the Association of Thailand Underwater Sports (ATUS).
There are also specific associations such as the Football Association of Thailand, Basketball Sports Association of Thailand, Thailand Swimming Association and tennis associations being divided into Lawn Tennis, Soft Tennis, Table Tennis etc., that may or may not be required to be coordinated with for running your business.
Depending on the nature of your company, we can further explore or advise the options and procedures for you so you can bungee jump off the edge into new opportunities. At the same time, we will take care of the tedious processes such as documents, taxations, government compliances, license applications and renewals – serving you is our endorphin drive!